- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital
- Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the organization
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues
- Nurture a positive working environment
- Manage the recruitment and selection process
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance
- Maintain pay plan and benefits program
- Assess training needs to apply and monitor training programs Report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics
- Ensure legal compliance
- Administers bidding process and contracts for vendor performance/compliance within established limits (e.g. prepare specifications, evaluate bids, recommend vendors, conduct bid meetings, etc.) for the purpose of securing items and/or services within budget and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Compiles data from a wide variety of sources for the purpose of analyzing issues, ensuring compliance with a wide variety of purchasing policies and procedures, and/or monitoring purchasing processes.
- Directs all functions related to the purchase of equipment, supplies and services.
- Maintains purchasing information, files and records (e.g. Requests for Proposal, purchase orders, vender files, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of documentation and compliance with established policies and regulatory guidelines.
- Organizes annual surplus auction for the purpose of providing an efficient process to dispose of obsolete equipment, furnishings and vehicles.
- Oversees required purchasing processes (e.g. orders, work orders and requisitions for supplies, equipment, conference requests, bids for potential commodities, supplies equipment and services, etc.) for the purpose of acquiring necessary resources to support operation.
- Participates in unit meetings, in-service training, workshops, etc. for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Processes purchasing-related information (e.g. bid documents, tabulations, requisitions, electronic procurement, product specifications, statements of work, performance terms, contracts, etc.) for the purpose of updating and distributing information, authorizing for action and/or complying with established accounting practices.
- Researches contracts, suppliers, equipment and regulations, including evaluation of new products for the purpose of analyzing information to determine product and/or service need and availability as necessary.
- Responds to inquiries from a variety of internal and external sources for the purpose of providing information, direction and/or appropriate referrals.
- Serves as liaison with vendors for the purpose of monitoring and consolidation of orders for better management of expenses.